Taking the bus to school can be an adventure. But, you want to make sure your child arrives safely. Here are a few dos and dont's for your children to ensure a safe trip. Please review these rules with your children and remember to always stop for school buses when their red lights are flashing.
BUS STOP SAFETY
- Be on time for the bus
- Never run to or from the bus
- Stand back from the road when waiting for the bus
- Don't push or shove at the bus stop
- When it is necessary to cross the road, always cross in front of the bus, walk 3 meters (10 ft.) in front of the bus to a point where you can see the driver; wait for the driver's signal to cross. Proceed to the centre of the road, STOP, LOOK & LISTEN and cross the road when it is safe to do so.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk well over on the right side of the road/shoulder when walking to and from the bus stop.
- Do not stand or play on the road while waiting for the bus
- Never crawl under a school bus
- Know the danger zones around the bus
- Never cross behind the bus
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY
- The Driver is in full charge of the bus; his/her instructions must be followed at all times.
- Do not talk to the driver unless it is necessary
- No yelling or whistling on the bus, too much noise distracts the driver
- Keep the seat assigned to you by the driver
- Do not stand or move about the bus while in motion
- Never put your hands, arms, feet or head out of the bus window
- Ask the driver for permission before you open the bus windows
- Do not throw anything inside of the bus or out of the windows
- When the bus is in motion, keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times
- Vandalism inside or out of the bus may result in loss of bus privileges and the student/parents will be responsible for the cost of repairs.
- Misconduct on the bus may result in a loss of bus privileges
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS
- Review the safety above safety rules with your children.
- Adult supervision of children at the bus stop is strongly recommended. This helps to reduce misbehaviour, which can lead to accidents.
- When picking up your child at the end of the school day, wait on the side of the road where the child will be dropped off. Children in their excitement may dash across the road without waiting until it is safe to do so.
- Remind your child to always cross in front of the bus, never behind and to follow the procedure as described in the school bus safety rules for students.
- Please note that the most dangerous area to students is the area immediately surrounding the school bus.
- Instruct your child to avoid horseplay or pushing and shoving when getting on or off the bus. Also if they should drop an item, never go near the bus to retrieve it.
- Remember to always stop for a school bus that is displaying Red Flashing Lights. The penalty for passing a school bus illegally is a fine of $337.50 plus five points against the driver's license.
WHY NOT CHOOSE PRIVATE VEHICLE TRANSPORTERS
- Do you know that 'bombs' are fitted in the vehicles where your kids are going to schools everyday ? Yes, We are talking about the rampant use of illegal gas kits in the vehicles by private operators
- Many Parents send their kids in these vehicles, without verifying the vehicle's actual condition
- It may be recalled that several incidents of vehicles catching up fire have taken place in the NCR in the past couple of years and majority of such vehicles have been running on illegal LPG Kits
- The Driver should have minimum experience of 5 Years, the vehicle should not be older then 10 years, there should be a fire extinguisher and first aid box and the carrying capacity should be as per the size of the vehilce.
- They don't remove insurance of Children.
- They don't pay taxes.
- Drivers do not get adequate sleep as they work overnight for call centres.